Saturday, September 25, 2021

ADDICTED TO CAS - #207 "AUTUMN"

I'm hosting this two-week challenge at Addicted to CAS #207 and I've chosen "Autumn" as the key word. Autumn is my favorite time of year and I don't think that Kylie was aware when she assigned me to this particular two-week period that it is actually my birthday as this goes live! So, happy birthday to me!

Living in an area with hot dry summers I always look forward to the Autumnal Equinox and the cooler mornings and evenings. I love the colors of fall as the trees' leaves turn orange and red. My card for this challenge celebrates all of that.


I had some heavy brown card stock from a previous Thanksgiving card edition and I cut out a stitched rectangle and gold-embossed this wreath image from Impression Obsession, Inc. (#D20737) onto it. Using my Exacto knife I hand trimmed slits on each side of the wreath to insert a pumpkin-colored sentiment strip that I had stamped from PTI's "Stylized Autumn" with Altenew's "Espresso" Crisp Dye Ink. This was all mounted to a brown top-folded card with a metallic mat. Finally I die-cut a couple of leaves from the same metallic card stock, glued them to the sentiment strip and finished it all off with three tiny gold sequins. 

Have at it, guys! I hope you enjoy this challenge as much as I have and be sure to visit all of the other members of our Design Team to see their beautiful interpretations of "Autumn".


Addicted to CAS: Challenge #207 - Autumn

 


3 comments:

  1. Such a classy looking card and envelope! Love the design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, this card is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Fran! I love your mini-wreath and your autumn-themed color palette is so elegant...Love those pretty leaves, too!

    ReplyDelete