Saturday, October 23, 2021

ADDICTED TO PURPLE CAS

It's already time for a new challenge at Addicted to CAS and our talented host Ceal has selected Purple as the new code word. So where to start? I've finally put away all of my Halloween supplies and wanted to put some energy into the fall season. Purple isn't necessarily a color I associate with fall, but leaves obviously are. I thought to use gold heat embossing with the purple but then settled on copper instead.


I started with a cream cardstock for the background and kraft for the leaf. Using PTI's "Leaf Prints" stamp and matching die, I stamped the leaf with VersaMagic chalk ink "Purple Hydrangia". When it dried it looked a bit too soft so I added some Memento "Grape Jelly" dye ink to the outside edges of the leaf. I heat embossed the veins with Zing! "Copper". I die cut a couple of Stampin' Up Framelits "Chalk Talk" tags - one in a deep purple and a smaller one in linen textured cream cardstock. The sentiment is PTI's "Stylized Autumn" that I heat embossed with copper. I punched a hole in the larger tag and strung some natural and copper bakers twine through it. Before mounting all of this to the card I heat embossed some copper Tim Holtz splatters to ground the images and radiused the corners with a Fiskars corner punch. The matching cream envelope was lined with a dark mauve lightweight paper to pull it all together.

Here's another shot of the lower part of the card to show the metallic copper highlights.


Well, get out your purple inks and/or papers and have some fun with this challenge!

 Addicted to CAS: Challenge #209 - Purple


 
On a personal note, this is my fall display on the buffet in our dining room. It's composed of a couple of very special mementos. 


Leaning against the mirror frame is a print I presented to my mother on her birthday some years ago - her name was Olive, and I brought this home after her death in 2014. It lives permanently in this spot in remembrance of her. The little round terra cotta object in the foreground is an impression of our beloved Sara's footprint that our veterinarian gave us after her parting in May. Normally during this week I have the Halloween stuff out, but this year we won't be home for Halloween. Hubby has his first Southern Oregon Repertory Singers (https://repsingers.org/) practice since the beginning of COVID, where he sings tenor. Also, our youngest granddaughter's birthday is the 28th and that always gets rolled into Halloween, so you can imagine where I'll be while Hubby is at choir practice!

Wishing all of my internet cardmaking friends a wonderful fall season!       

3 comments:

  1. When I come to visit here Fran I know that I'll be seeing something unique! This is so beautiful and inventive - LOVE the purple leaf, the textured centre of the tag, the touches of gold. Thank you for sharing your lovely display. I can see it's full of treasures that are dear to your heart. Have a wonderful birthday celebration with your granddaughter! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an elegant card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran... your fall hallway display is just lovely. The print you made for your mom is fab. BTW... your card for this week is fab as well! Thank you so much for inviting me to play along this month!

    ReplyDelete