Sunday, October 24, 2021

WELCOME, LITTLE ONE

Yesterday morning I actually cleaned up my craft area! Well, that didn't last very long because before I knew it I was once again engaged in a challenge - this time Just Us Girls #607 - "Photo Week". This week's challenge is a photo of a cute fox and stars soft wall sculpture. I was particularly drawn to the gray/orange/black/white colors of this photo - a combination that always draws my attention in interior designs.



This is my take on the photo:


I started this card by using a PTI cutting plate that is part of their "Birthday Bash" collection and a scrap of light gray linen-textured cardstock. Once the die was cut I turned it upside down and trimmed it down with a stitched rectangular die. I mounted this to a darker gray background textured cardstock. I stamped a little fox from PTI's "Stylized Autumn" stamp set with Memento "Potter's Clay" ink on white stock and colored his nose, eyes, and tip of tale with a black marker. I nestled him into a stitched moon that I cut with a stitched circle die by LDR Creative. I also ran part of the die plate with russet, white, and black and popped out the little stars and circles and glued them into the matching shapes of the lighter gray stock. I punched a hole in the top of the crescent moon and strung gray and white baker's twine through it and 2 additional punches at the top of the gray matt and tied it off in a bow to make it look like the little fox and crescent moon are hanging from the top of the card. This was all mounted to a top-folded white card with dimensional foam. I white heat-embossed the "Welcome" from MFT's "Right at Home" stamp set and added it under the twine. Finally I die cut 3 stars and stamped the white one with the Potter's Clay from PTI's "Tiny Tags" series. I glued the white and russet stars so they looked like they were hanging from the "bottom" of the upside-down balloon strings and added a black one for balance.

This was great fun, although quite labor-intensive! Anyone stumbling onto this blog should try their hand at it as well. Just follow this link:


  

Added November 1, 2021:




4 comments:

  1. I like that cute little fox tucked into the moon! This is adorable, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little fox, nestled into the moon, is absolutely darling! A lovely, sweet take on the inspiration photo! Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. I love the star die cut and the fun fox peeking out of the moon. Such cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing job you did with this inspiration. I just love this cute fox nested in the hanging moon and all the pretty detailed you added. This is definitely a fabulous design! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete