Tuesday, October 19, 2021

AUTUMNAL SINGLE-LAYER

Good morning, friends. We woke this morning to the first foggy overcast day we've had for quite some time, although it has now cleared and the sun is trying to peak through. It looked like a typical southern Oregon November morning. Autumn is definitely here!

This morning's offering is to both Less is More Challenge #454 - OLC - "Autumnal" and Happy Little Stampers October Stencil Challenge 


I used a Strathmore watercolor card and matching envelope for this card. I started by inking one of the stencils from Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Collection with Altenew "Sand Dune" dye ink and then over-stamping the sentiment and image from Colorado Craft Company (Savy Sentiments #SS368) and Impression Obsession, respectively, with PTI "Dark Chocolate". Finally I colored in part of the image with my Copics markers and applied 3 small tan pearls. 

I did this card twice because the first time I used all Altenew inks and they bled into the paper badly. The second time I switched to PTI for the over-printing and this time it bled into the Altenew ink where the stencil was. If I were to use this for my personal Thanksgiving cards I think I would spend a bit more time experimenting with different combinations of ink so that I would get less bleed - or smoother paper. (My OCD raising its ugly head!) And speaking of OCD, that envelope liner is exactly the color of the stenciled woodgrain on the card, but it photographed differently. 

"Less is More": Challenge #454 - OLC - Autumnal (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)



Happy Little Stampers: HLS October Stencil Challenge





4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Fran. Love that strip of wood grain, and that wonderful framed pumpkin image colored so beautifully. Thanks for playing with us at Less Is more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that your cards are so well thought out Fran! The little pumpkin image and sentiment are nicely linked and pop beautifully against the woodgrain. Oh and it's not OCD, it's perfectionism! (and on my screen the envelope liner is a good match for the woodgrain!) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bleed is a nightmare to control, especially as you have chosen both water-based (inkpad?) and solvent-based (Copic) media - one or other will bleed :(

    That said, I can't see it! A gorgeous card with great colouring. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete