Tuesday, February 15, 2022

CAS COLOURS & SKETCHES #457

It's week 3 of my Guest Designer role over at CAS Colours & Sketches, and this week is a color challenge:

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2022/02/challenge-457-colours.html


When I saw "Merry Merlot" I knew I had to bring out some of my wine stamps!



This image and sentiment are both from Unity Stamp Company. I started with an ivory cardstock that I cut to make a 5 1/2" square top-folded card. I stamped the image on the face of the card with PTI "Dark Chocolate" and colored it with Copic markers. I also printed it onto some lightweight gold stock and cut out the label to paste over the bottle, although it doesn't show up well in my photo. I added a bit of gold opaque ink, which also isn't really noticeable in the photo. The sentiment is heat embossed with gold powder on dark brown stock and die-cut with a very old die. I cut a 5" square piece for the face and die-cut an oval from it and edged the square with heat embossed gold powder, tied the label on with natural and gold baker's twine, and mounted it all to the face of the card with dimensional foam.





Your turn!

    

3 comments:

  1. Terrific design, Fran this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so beautiful Fran! Now I wonder why I haven't thought of making a wine bottle with these colors, LOL! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete