Wednesday, February 16, 2022

BLACK & WHITE + 1

I've been ruminating about when a card is no longer CAS. It seems like it might be a very fine line that I sometimes cross over - this just needs one more bead or a piece of ribbon or an extra layer. I think that may be the case with this card that I created, inspired by the current AAA Cards Challenge #208 Color Scheme - Black, White + One Color. Well, we'll see if it gets deleted from the entries!


This card was started with a bright green square of cardstock that I die-cut using a Penny Black #51-423 "Airy" die. I then divided it into quarters and mounted them on a black square. I added a sentiment and some splatter with white embossing powder and mounted this to a white square mat. It felt like it needed just one more layer, so I added the same die over the top in white cardstock - and because I couldn't leave well enough alone, on went two black gems. To be, or not to be CAS!


AAA Cards: Game #208: Color Scheme : Black, White + One



4 comments:

  1. Well in my book it's CAS and it's very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. this is so beautiful, love the design, the colors and the way the black die cut mimics shadow. Thank you for joining us with this beauty at AAA cards. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote that it is CAS, too! Love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you've overdone it! A super card with that zingy yellow green. Fab! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete