Saturday, May 14, 2022

HAPPY NEW HOME

I think I mentioned previously that my son is a real estate agent, and he has asked me to provide handmade cards for himself and his team members when they sell homes. I'm working on a set of several designs, and I was thinking about that when I made this card. However, I think this particular card might be a bit more elaborate and layered than I'll be wanting to produce in multiples. As inspiration I used Freshly Made Sketches #535 - a sketch by Amy O'Neill, changing the format to a horizontal one.   


I used a couple of different textured ecru watercolor papers for the card base and top panel. The printed paper I used on the face and to line the envelope is from my stash of scraps. The sentiment die and stamp are Hero Arts #DC274. The house is cut from woodgrain cardstock with Nellie's Choice #SD214 and the trees are Alexandra Renke's "Winter City". The stitched circle is from LDRS Creative. What doesn't show in this photo is that the stamped sentiment, mat, and windows of the house are all metallic gold.





Here's another challenge that seems appropriate for this card, since there are multiple die-cuts:







3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the design and that beautiful top panel of water color paper - it's so rich looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special treat for the new home owners, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to use the sketch! I love the map paper with this theme of card. Everything works so beautifully together. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete