Wednesday, May 11, 2022

8TH BIRTHDAY

Inspired by AAA Cards Challenge #214 - Moodboard + Birthday (the challenge is now 8 years old!), I made a birthday card for my youngest granddaughter, who will be 8 in a couple of months. I think this is probably border-line CAS, but I wanted to share it anyway. I don't recall what you call this when a word is spelled with both letters and numbers, but you don't know it until it's spoken - ? Her name is Kaitlyn and she's pretty precocious, so I'm sure she'll catch on!


I used a full 8-1/2" x 11" piece of white cardstock, folded and trimmed off 3/4" from the bottom - so the stripe printed paper is actually on the inside surface of the card. I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment with purple Zing! embossing powder. The stamp is from Lawn Fawn's "Scripty Sayings". I used cardstocks from a paper book with lots of juvenile designs in it with raised and sparkly patterns. One sheet is full of the letters and I just cut them out individually and die-cut the number 8 and the balloons from PTI's "Bithday Bash" and numbers. The top panel is matted with dark purple. Before attaching the number, I stacked about 3 more layers with white cardstock for dimension.


Well, happy birthday AAA Card Challenge and Kaitlyn!

AAA Cards: Game #214: Moodboard + Birthday





 

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Thanks for sharing your card with us on the AAA Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super colours for birthday fun. CarolG

    ReplyDelete