Tuesday, May 10, 2022

COLOR THROWDOWN 692

I have the honor this week of filling the role of Featured Stamper at Color Throwdown #692. This week's colors are pink, lavender, gold, and white. I would have liked to make a layer cake like the one in the CTD photo with butterflies atop, but alas I don't have any cake stamps or dies. That's something that clearly needs to be remedied! 


  

I did stick with the obvious and stamped a butterfly from an old clear stamp set with Memento "Grape Jelly" ink on a panel of pink cardstock that I had die-cut with a stitched rectangular die. I colored the wings with lavender and pink Copic markers and smudged a bit of purple ink with a small blending brush. Once that had dried sufficiently, I over-stamped the sentiment (WP684 "Leaf Set" from Impression Obsession) with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Stampendous "Pirate Gold" embossing powder, which I also applied to the edges of the top layer. The final step of the top panel was to add a bit of white gel pen markings. The second layer was die-cut using my new Tim Holtz/Sizzix deckle edge dies, and this was layered over pink and white mats, and all of this attached to a pink top-folded card base. No layered cake, but definitely a layered card!

Color Throwdown: Color Throwdown #692


I'm looking forward to seeing the cards that come out of this inspirational photo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment