Thursday, October 1, 2026

ONE OF MY PEEPS!

It's the first Friday of October, and you know what that means - a new challenge announced at Simply CAS Challenge! Diane has selected "Something TINY (Keep it Little)" as this month's theme.

Simply Clean & Simple



I dug through some of my stamp sets and came up with Simon Hurley's "Spring Chicken" to work with. I'm not sure why I didn't follow Diane's lead and make a Halloween card, except that I've been wanting to do a card with these cute little chicks.

I started with a 5-1/2" square watercolor paper card base and a slightly smaller square matching panel. I die cut a circle for a stencil and blended sky with clouds and over-stamped the three chicks with brown ink. I stamped them a second time on matching paper, colored them with Copic markers, and fussy cut their bodies. I stamped the sentiment and additional egg with a tan-toned ink. The little guy near the sentiment was pasted on first and the die-cut fence added. The final two chicks were glued over the fence and the panel attached to the card base with dimensional foam. I added a bit of fence under the panel to continue it to the edge.

Let's see what you come up with! Just remember to keep it clean and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment