Saturday, May 7, 2022

TIC TAC TOE CHALLENGE

While my personal design style tends strongly toward CAS, I do occasionally enjoy pursuing more elaborate and decorative designs - such as today's card. I haven't participated with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge for a while, so looked in on their blog for inspiration. The current game board (TTTC160) by Vicky Hayes has plenty of opportunities for inspiration and I used almost ALL of them! I'm just missing silver and pearls, but maybe the iridescent papers I chose fill in for pearls. 



I had some scraps that I have played with for several years, blind embossing patterns into an iridescent linen-weave card stock and then not using them. A couple of weeks ago I fashioned a small envelope from one of the scraps and lined it with some gold vellum with the idea to fill it with flowers for the front of a card - it's been sitting on my desk since then. Looking at the game board I realized that I could do a white-on-white with die cuts and gold. I started with a gold metallic card to which I glued an embossed scrap that I die cut with my new Tim Holtz/Sizzix deckle edge rectangle. I also used a smaller rectangle for a scrap of linen-weave iridescent white card stock that I matted with gold metallic velum and layered that onto the card face along with the original small, lined envelope. I filled the envelop with die cut flowers and leaves from Alexandra Renke "Astrella" and "Myrtella" and attached 3 tiny die-cut gold vellum butterflies. The final step was to bind a folded vellum interior page with white satin ribbon. (The light is low today, and the white ribbon took on a gray cast.) 


    
 

I haven't used a sentiment on this card yet because I really don't know how I will use it - maybe a 50-year anniversary or a wedding. When I need it I'll add a sentiment and inside message.

TTTC160 - Featured Designer Vicky - Tic Tac Toe Challenge



Added May 14, 2022:






1 comment:

  1. Your card is gorgeous and so unique and classy, Fran - love it and love that you entered it in our TicTacToe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete