Wednesday, May 18, 2022

NEW HOME CARDS

I'm continuing my playing with producing New Home cards for my son's real estate business and using a couple of challenges as inspiration for the layouts. My plan is to design about 5-6 different basic designs and then to change them up with different colors and papers. This one began as a desire to participate with the Less is More Challenge #464 - "Use a Tag" and then segued into The Paper Players Clean and Simple Challenge from Laurie - PP591 "House". This is my first time joining The Paper Players.


Last week I found this wonderful light-weight house printed paper on sale at Joanne's from American Crafts and I used it as the inspiration for the colors of the card. The envelope was in my stash, along with some odds and ends of pink parchment cardstock. 

I sort of worked backwards with this card by starting with the little scene in white cardstock on iridescent aqua linen cardstock. I die-cut a small, stitched rectangle (Dare 2B Artzy "Rectangle Framelits") in the aqua and then using a couple of Lawn Fawn's stitched curves and sky dies, I layered a slightly smaller rectangle on the aqua one, adding the little house and trees from Alexandra Renke's #D-XX-AR-W0128 Winter Village and a picket fence from Nellie's Choice #SD214. Finally, I punched a hole in the top of the aqua rectangle and threaded a length of white satin ribbon and a small tag that I had heat-embossed a sentiment from PTI's "Tiny Tags" with some aqua Zing! embossing powder. I fabricated the small tag from Dare 2B Artsy "Rectangle Framelits" by die-cutting it and then sending it back through my die-cutter to shorten it and adding a small heart. My final step was to stamp the sentiment from wPLUS59 "Neighbors" with moss green ink to the face of the card, mount a stitched white cardstock rectangle above it and add the aqua scene and tag with a bit of dimensional foam.

While this was basically CAS, it felt like it took me most of the day, while waiting for someone to show up and repair our heat pump. 

"Less is More": Challenge #464 - Use a Tag (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)







4 comments:

  1. Wow, Fran! Your card is absolutely adorable! There are so many wonderful details, I don't even know where to begin. The color choices work so well together. The layout is so clean and simple. I LOVE how you perfectly combined so many die cuts. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! Welcome to our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love your card: your tiny house is adorable and I love the color combo. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at Less is More. Stay safe and keep crafting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fran, Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players, we are happy to welcome you and hope you will join us again! Your card is fabulous! The colors are soft and trendy. I love the way you threaded the ribbon through the tag and small panel. The scene is sweet and your card is a gorgeous design. Your son is lucky! Hope things went well with the repair too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute paper, cute colors and one cute card!

    ReplyDelete