Thursday, May 26, 2022

TIC TAC TOE GUEST DESIGNER

Hello, this fine beautiful spring day! Today I'm Guest Designer at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge. This week's Challenge is #163 and I chose the middle row - Birds/Ribbon/Add Texture.  While making this card I was thinking of the tiny little chickadees and finches who visit our birdfeeders all winter and into spring. I haven't seen them for a couple of weeks, so I'm assuming they're nesting and finding plenty to eat.


I began with a white side-folded card base and a white panel that I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and die-cut with a stitched rectangular die. I wondered what would happen if I embossed a pattern and then colored the high points with Copic markers, so I experimented with another embossed panel. I liked the simplicity and decided to keep the card simple and sweet and wanted to use the ribbon as a closure with a tag. The sentiment is from PTI's "Winter Hills", and the tag is die-cut from the same collection of stitched rectangles as I used for the panels - Dare 2B Artzy "Rectangle Framelits". I attached the top colored panel with pale green mat to the card with dimensional foam and threaded the satin ribbon through a punched hole at the edge of the top panel. The sentiment says it all!



It's been a pleasure to make this special card for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and I look forward to seeing everyone else's beautiful cards.

TTTC163 - Featured Designer Silke - Tic Tac Toe Challenge



   

2 comments:

  1. Fran, such a beautiful design, I love all of the texture and great take on this weeks challenge board. Thank you so much for guest designing with us this week over at Tic Tac Toe challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the simplicity of this beautiful design

    ReplyDelete