Sunday, July 3, 2022

HAPPY FOURTH!

Hello, all! It's a long 4th of July weekend here in the US and I really had to scramble to get my July 4th cards out this year. And as it was, I didn't get them out to all of my mailing list - mostly family members. A couple of the challenge blogs popped up this week with challenges that were appropriate for me to enter with this year's card - Tic Tac Toe Challenge #168 and Color Hues #44 - "Playing Cards with a Friend". 


For this year's card I started with a rectangle die-cut from white 110 lb. cardstock that I stamped and heat-embossed with navy embossing powder - the fireworks image is from PTI's "Red, White & Blue" and the sentiment was found on their "Birthday Bash Sentiments". After these were stamped and embossed, I die-cut the wine glass from Sizzix Tim Holtz #664435 "Happy Hour". I fitted the die for the wine onto a patterned paper to make it look like the American flag and added die-cut umbrella and cherry. I matted the rectangle with navy cardstock, mounted it to a side-folded card, and lined the envelope with the same paper.

For the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, I chose the bottom horizontal line - Any Shape Die/Fireworks/Sentiment.

 TTTC168 - Featured Designer Felicita - Tic Tac Toe Challenge


Added July 9, 2022:



Color Hue's #44 "Playing Cards with Friends" challenged us to use the colors red and blue and add stars and/or stripes:

Color Hues: Color Hues #44- Playing Cards with Friends (colorhuesthecolorchallenge.blogspot.com)



(I couldn't manage to capture the little red and blue blinkie)

Added July 16, 2022:




5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful creative card! I love the wine glass with the flag, and the little drink umbrella is such a great addition! Thanks for playing cards with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolute GENIUS! Fran I am blown away by your creative design - and sure do hope I can remember it!
    Thanks so much for sharing this fabulous creation with us at Color Hues! and for including the stars and stripes in such a brilliant way - I'll drink to that celebration!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully thought out design Fran! Love the flag in the glass and the firework behind the cocktail umbrella. Thank you for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO stinkin' cute...how clever is this? Very ingenious and I love the patriotic feel to it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Tic Tac Toe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fran! Please contact me Leppeknancy@gmail.com if you want to be our guest at Color Hues. Thx!

    ReplyDelete