Monday, August 1, 2022

TRIBUTE TO LINDSEY


This week I am Guest Designing at Color Hues - the color challenge #46 Today's color challenge was chosen by Lindsey. The Design Team wants to honor and celebrate her beautiful, creative life by sharing "Lindsey Inspired" projects using her Blue and Purple combination, along with things she loved the most, as inspiration. We hope that you will join us as we pay tribute to our dear friend and teammate. 

From Nancy:

Hello Crafters,

We are deeply saddened to share the news that we lost our treasured friend and teammate, Lindsey, last week, following her hard-fought battle with cancer. Lindsey was well-known for her amazing creativity, witty sense of humor, and immense capacity to support and encourage her design team members and challenge participants. The crafting community will miss her shining light.


 

Here are a few of her favorite things:

humor, cats
gardening/flowers
love of reading
friendship
wine
tea

For my tribute to Lindsey, I am honoring her favorite CAS style. I'm sorry that I haven't been participating in the challenges long enough to get to know her, but I understand that she was "one of a kind".


I used a new Lavinia LAV621 "Fish Set", combining it with schools of fish from Penny Black's #30-846 "Birthday Fishes". I started by stamping and masking the four fish with PTI "Enchanted Evening" and the single fish with Momento "Grape Jelly". I next blended some pale blue water by turning a wood-grain stencil horizontally and trimmed this with a stitched rectangular die. I added the sentiment in purple, colored the purple fish with a blue Copic marker, and added some clear gemstones to her scales. I mounted this to a side-folded card with dimensional foam and tied it off on the side with purple baker's twine. 


 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Though I did not know Lindsey, your card looks to me like a wonderful tribute to her memory. Love the ocean that you created and those fabulous fish, especially the purple fish with the gemstones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was most definitely "one of a kind." She'd love that she got to be the purple fish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, your card is unique and so pretty! A lovely tribute to Lindsey. I love the fishies! Using the woodgrain for water in the background is a great idea. Thanks for a super inspiring card as our Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Lindsey would have smiled at your one of a kind fish design. Thanks for being our GD for this challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card for our beautiful, creative friend. Wonderful to have you as our guest designer for this special tribute challenge
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. Lindsey loved living on the lake so the fish and the sentiment are perfect. So happy to have you as our guest at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Fran and a lovely tribute to Lindsey. She was definitely one-of-a-kind.

    ReplyDelete