Tuesday, August 2, 2022

THE BEACH LIFE

There are so many challenges right now referencing the beach that I thought to take advantage and see how many I could hit! I started with Time Out Challenges #219 "Photo Prompt", combined with AAA Cards Challenge #220 "Along the Edge + In the Sea".  I am also including Addicted to CAS #225 "Nautical" and Paper Players #602 "Tic Tac Toe Challenge" (diagonal elements - yellow/blue/water). It feels like a real jackpot!


While this has a watercolor look to it, I don't have any watercolors, so I combined stamping with ink blending. The water, boat, and sentiment are all Hero Arts "Color Layering". I used Washi tape to tape off a strip and when I was finished, I was really bummed that the tape pulled paper away. I had looked for my purple tape but couldn't find it anywhere. After completing the image and sentiment, I die-cut a rectangle from the face of the card and re-attached it using dimensional foam. 

Here are all of the challenges I'm entering this in:



Added August 14, 2022:




Added August 18, 2022:



Addicted to CAS

  

11 comments:

  1. Well done on your 4 challenge jackpot Fran - that's no mean feat! You created a beautiful tranquil sunset scene on your CAS card - I love the way the image detail carries over the border to the base panel below too. Thanks for sharing your card with us over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, I thoght it was a photo! it's awesome. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scenic card! It looks perfect!! My problem with washi tape is that it sticks sometimes and other times not at all, it just curls right up and I have to put glue on it if I want it to stay attached!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, this is fabulous! I love this tranquil scene you created. WOW! Just fabulous! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran... this is amazing... and the fact you did it without watercolors blows me away. Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful along the edge! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fabulous work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This CAs card is so stunning! I love scenes and /waterscenes are my favorites... Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well deserved win at Time Out Challenge. This card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great save to a great card. Let's hope you really hit the jackpot now by actually winning one of these challenges lik. X X good luck X X

    ReplyDelete