Tuesday, August 9, 2022

WINE WITH ME

So, the current challenge at Fusion Card Challenge - Wine and Cheese caught my attention - two of my favorite pairings! 




I started with a top-folded black card base. The wine bottles and sentiment are from Unity Stamp Company's "Let's Get Sip Faced" set of rubber stamps. I heat-embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and printed the bottles (2 rows of 6 bottles each) repeatedly on white cardstock with Memento "Black Tuxedo" die ink and trimmed off 2 rows of the pattern and mounted it on the face of the card. Then I colored one bottle with Copics and white gel pen, fussy cut it out, and mounted it to the last row of bottles with dimensional foam. I thought I was finished but kept looking at it and decided it needed a bit of relief from the unrelenting CAS, so I punched a hole near the top and threaded a string and beads through it. I thought the wooden beads looked kind of like corks - yeah, I know, that was a stretch! The final step was to stamp a bunch of the bottles onto white print paper to line the envelope. That's it! 

Fusion Card Challenge: FUSION - Wine and Cheese 


Added August 18, 2022:



On a personal note, I finally figured out how to use a watermark, so you'll notice my blog address on all of my cards going forward.

6 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful CAS card! The one colored bottle popped up on dimensionals and the string with look-a-like corks really are amazing. Of course your lined envelope really makes this look so professional, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you made one bottle the highlight of your fun card!

    ReplyDelete

  3. This is just a very creative take on the challenge. Love the envelope liner too. Thanks so much for playing over at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this fabulous design! Great take on the sketch! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me LOL. And I love the monochrome design with the one bottle and that matching liner is fab. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your design is so clever! I love the repeat stamping of the bottles, the pop of color and pretty trim.

    ReplyDelete