Sunday, August 14, 2022

HALLOWEEN CAT

I'm playing this morning with the Two Old Bats - August Anything Halloween Challenge. I chose to be inspired by the bottom right quadrant - the orange tabby with a decorative witch's hat and jewelry. I decided to use one of Tim Holtz's "Snarky Cats" stamp/stencil sets.


I started by stamping the cat image on a piece of white cardstock and coloring him with my Copic markers. I then masked him and stamped the batty background splatter with PTI "Smokey Shadow" and added the Tim Holtz "Stitches" #CMS365 and some spiders for a necklace in Memento "Tuxedo Black". I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a black strip, mounted it to the front of the white cardstock, and die-cut a stitched rectangle. This was then attached to the face of a top-folded black card. I die-cut a black cardstock witch's hat and silver hat band from Tim Holtz #664209 Halloween dies and glued those to his head. The final step was to add a black gem to the hatband and clear gems between the spiders on his necklace.



 

Added September 1, 2022:




  

4 comments:

  1. What a fun image and card design! Thank you for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tabby is so darn cute! OMG, his expression is the best! Thanks so much for playing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge this month!
    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com
    CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAY on instagram @alidalis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and how you were inspired by the cat with the jewelry!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVEEEEEE this makes me LOL Thanks for joining our August Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats.

    ReplyDelete