Sunday, August 14, 2022

COLOR THROWDOWN

Despite all of my best intentions, here I am uploading a second card today! Hubby and I went for a long walk this morning to and from a favorite coffee shop and I just settled into my craft room instead of gardening. I was inspired by the Color Throwdown Challenge #705 - Purple, Red, and Green. 


The floral "frame" is an Impression Obsession rubber stamp that I haven't used yet, although I've had it for a couple of years. I stamped it onto ivory cardstock with VersaMagic "Purple Hydrangea" chalk ink and colored the flowers with Copic markers. The sentiment is from PTI's "Stylish Sentiments: Birthday". I trimmed it down with a rectangular die and mounted it to two iridescent purple mats, separated by dimensional foam, and mounted this all to an ivory textured card. I'm still getting accustomed to a new phone, and this doesn't come off as ivory, but it is. I finished it with a length of satin ribbon pulled through a double punch.


I love the photo used for this week's challenge! As an interior designer I really appreciate bold color decisions, although my own home is a bit more dialed back than this.

Color Throwdown: Color Throwdown Countdown #705


Take a look at what the Design Team members came up with, inspired by this photo - really wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment