Thursday, September 1, 2022

HAPPY HA-LLAMA-WEEN

Today marks the beginning of my new Design Team tenure at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge. Halloween cards have been my favorite kinds of cards for quite some time now, so this is a great opportunity to be creating them year-round and using my extensive stash of Halloween supplies. The September Inspiration Board features one quadrant with a llama, which is the direction I decided on for this card.


This stamp set is several years old, and I have no idea who the manufacturer is. I started by stamping the mummy-llama with black ink on a stitched rectangle die cut white card stock piece and colored him with a Copic marker. Then I masked him and stamped a Tim Holtz spiderweb in PTI "Soft Stone" and a very old splotch stamp with Memento "Pear Tart". The final step on the white rectangle was to black heat emboss the sentiment. I stamped the 3-legged llama on a separate piece of cardstock, colored her and her pumpkins with Copics markers, and fussy cut her out. I attached her and the additional pumpkin to the face of the card with dimensional foam and matted the rectangle with orange cardstock to the face of a top-folded black card.






There are plenty of image ideas in this Inspiration Board that I know you'll have fun with, and I look forward to seeing the cards that show up in the gallery! Also, take a look at the great cards my fellow DT members have created.     


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect take on the mood board, your llamas are fabulously fun and so clever!! Welcome to our challenge, we are honored to have your creative talent!!
    Diane TOB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Two Old Bats}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again ... WELCOME to the team Fran. We are so thrilled to have you joining us. This card is fabulous and LOVE the coordinating envelope. What a clever idea!
    Darlene TOB Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete