Tuesday, September 13, 2022

MUSICAL THANKS IN EBONY & IVORY

I think I've mentioned here before that my husband sings with the Southern Oregon Repertory Singers, a local 65-voice semi-professional choral ensemble. He asked me to make a thank you note for their conductor, Dr. Paul French, as an appreciation for his commitment to the group. 


I wanted to make a card that was simple, masculine, and represented the theme of music. What better way to do that than to use one of the pieces the group is singing in the upcoming concert? 

I started with an ivory watercolor side-folded card and matching envelope by Strathmore. I selected and photocopied the page of music onto an ivory cardstock, trimmed a smaller rectangle, and adhered it to the face of the card. I also die-cut an Alexandra Renke flower from the same printed cardstock. I die-cut a Tim Holtz deckle-edge rectangle and stamped the sentiment from PTI "Embroidered Blooms" in black and kraft and attached it over the printed music rectangle. The final step was to mount the die-cut bloom to the card with dimensional foam and add three little tan pearls. I lined the coordinating envelope with a lighter-weight sheet of ivory paper that I had photocopied the sheet music onto.

I'm sharing this card over at the Less is More Colour Challenge #473 - "Black & White". I think this card is still CAS, although I may be pushing the boundaries a bit by making my card off-white and black and adding three tiny embellishments!

"Less is More": Challenge #473 - Black & White (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)

 

3 comments:

  1. I like the black and white elegance! This is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever and striking design Fran!! I just love it!! The use of music is so simple but oh so wonderful. Your flower adds lovely elegance! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less Is More Challenge. Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete