Wednesday, September 7, 2022

VELLUM

I love vellum and I've collected a lot of it over the years, but I never know quite how to use it - or I forget I have it. So, when Less Is More Challenge #472 - "Use Vellum" showed up recently it seemed like a perfect opportunity to use up a couple of vellum scraps. 


I used some wonderful LCI Paper ivory textured cardstock to make an A2 side-folded card and then die cut a stitched rectangle and a stitched circle opening from the other half of the sheet. I stamped and heat-embossed a sentiment from Hero Arts + Gina K. #PR101 with Recollections "Champagne" embossing powder onto a scrap of ivory-toned vellum that has a slight horizontal stripe in it and glued that to the back of the rectangle. This was all adhered to the face of the card with dimensional foam so the vellum would be pulled away from the back. Over this I glued a die cut flower from the same matching cardstock with a Sizzix/Tim Holtz #661808 flower. The final step was to add three tiny champagne sequins and line a matching ivory envelope with an old piece of printed iridescent vellum from my stash.

After I finished, I wished I had put a circle opening in the face of the card base as well so that the vellum would be completely translucent. Maybe I'll try that sometime.




1 comment: