Monday, October 3, 2022

CAS BOO!

With just a couple of hours left for the current challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches #489, I decided to squeeze a card in under the wire! This card makes use of a couple of Tim Holtz Halloween images that are often-used favorites of mine.


I started with an ivory top-folded card base onto which I added a stitched rectangle (Dare 2B Artzy). I stamped the bats on a rectangular piece of mauve textured cardstock, overlaid a stitched circle from a scrap of lace-printed stock, and stamped the bats once again over the moon. The sentiment is from a very old stamp set and I stamped it in a light gray and then over-stamped with pale pink to get a mauve color. The witch was stamped in black onto a white scrap and colored with Copic markers. I fussy cut her and her navigator, tied a mauve string to the back of the broom, and attached her with dimensional foam. I matted the mauve rectangle with black and glued all to the face of the card. The custom envelope is made from some really spooky, creepy paper I found at Joanne's - Park Lane "Haunted Hollow". You'll see quite a few of these custom envelopes as the season progresses - I love creepy Halloween cards!  








4 comments:

  1. What a great image, I see why it's a favorite! FaBOOlous card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Halloween card! Love the coordinating envelope, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Halloween card!! That witch is super! Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a creative and spooky interpretation of the sketch. Well done. Thanks for joining us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete