Tuesday, October 4, 2022

WHEN THE WORKING DAY IS DONE...

...ghouls just want to have fun! Wow, this card was SO fun to make - I just got caught up in the exuberance of a zombie party! I was looking for an idea in which I could combine an old sentiment stamp that I had never used, new zombie stamps, and the colors orange and purple. The colors are the challenge at Color Hues #50 - "Orange & Purple".


This card was started with a white cardstock panel that I stamped the sentiment onto in orange and russet, after which I stenciled the background with the same colors muddied up and blended. Then I over-stamped the zombies (Whimsy Stamps #CWSD388 "Zombie Party") in purple and added stars and confetti in purple and red-orange. Some yellow-orange splatters also went over that and then I punched a hole in one of the stars and poked purple and orange twine into the hole.


 
Before mounting the card face and mat to a side-folded white card, I blended some more orange on the bottom corner and side and added more purple confetti. I wanted the twine to look like it was bursting out of the hole in the star, so I wound the individual strands around a paint brush.

Color Hues: Color Hues #50-Orange and Purple (colorhuesthecolorchallenge.blogspot.com)



I'm also sharing this card at Inkspirational Technique Challenge - "Use Stencils":





And the new stencil blog: Stencil Fun October Challenge - "Halloween Colors"




7 comments:

  1. I can tell you had a good time making this, Fran, it's faBOOlous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your good time in the craft room certainly produced a FUN Zombie party! Love the card design, and the embellishments--especially the fun twine coming out of the star! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is toooooooooo cute my friend! LOVE those crazy dancing ghoules lol. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes ! This IS fun! Great use of the challenge colors Fran ! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been so creative with this design! Love everything about it, colors, image and the brilliant use of orange and purple twine. Thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, love the large sentiment and the string emanating from the star! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete