Wednesday, October 5, 2022

CHANGING SEASONS

The weather has been lovely all week here in Southern Oregon and leaves are starting to change as the evenings get cooler. Several of the card challenges are using the emerging fall season to inspire us in our projects. I'm sharing my changing leaf with Addicted to CAS #230 - "Autumn", Paper Players #PP611 "Changing Seasons - Autumn", and Tic Tac Toe #181 (I used the left vertical column - Leaves/Metallic/Embossing). 



This Impression Obsession sentiment and image come from a favorite stamp set (#WP684 "Leaf Set", designed by Dina Kowal) that I've had in my stash for more than 3 years and have used repeatedly. I had some odds and ends of ivory textured paper that I stamped the image on - once in orange/brown and a second time in greens. I overprinted the sentiment with VersaMark ink and heat-embossed it with gold embossing powder. I die-cut a small stitched rectangle from the orange image and overlaid it on the green leaf image with dimensional foam, after die-cutting a larger rectangle from the green layer. I stitched a strand of metallic gold thread through the stem of the green leaf and matted the larger rectangle with some metallic gold cardstock and attached this to a side-folded card base that I found in my ivory scraps drawer. The coordinating envelope is lined with metallic gold vellum. I think it might also be appropriate to share this card with Shopping Our Stash #480 - "Leaf Me Alone"

Here's a closer look to show the metallic gold on this card:

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #230 - Autumn





Added October 8, 2022:






12 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I just love the sentiment… so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sentiment!! and your changing of leaf color fits it perfectly!! Beautiful CAS card!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our “leaf me alone” challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and beautiful, Fran! I love the technique you used with stamping the leaf in two colors. It truly represents the changing colors of autumn. There is so much depth and texture. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! What a clever idea and you executed it perfectly! The leaf is so striking and the gold really kicks it up! Thanks for playing with our seasonal challenge this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Fran! The careful positioning of your leaf, the change in colour and that fabulous sentiment too! Thanks for playing my theme challenge over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creative idea! I love the leaf's changing colors and the sentiment. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Shopping Our Stash and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely way to show the change in the season. I like the raised panel and all the stitching detail. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a clever design with the color changing leaf ... so glad you joined our *leaf me alone* challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That leaf, caught in the middle of changing! Love this Fran! Thank you for playing with us at Addicted to CAS! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful clean and simple card. I love how you presented the leaf changing colors - very clever. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete