Wednesday, October 12, 2022

SIT FOR A SPELL

I've been really cranking on the Halloween cards this whole month! I'm determined to get 25-30 cards before next week when I need to get the ones that are traveling cross-country in the mail. This morning I used the color challenge by Laurie at The Paper Players #PP612 - "Purple, Green and Orange + Any Neutral" as my inspiration.

The orange, green, and purple horizontal striped paper from Graphic 45 caught my eye a couple of weeks ago while shopping for adhesives, and I knew I had to have it for Halloween sentiments. It wasn't until I wanted to use this chair from Unity Stamp Company (#IB-121 "Spooky Chair") that I noticed that one of the lines of the paper was referencing sitting down - perfect connection! The background spider webs are stamped from an Impression Obsession #CC141 C-A-C "Spider Web" background that I've had for years. I adhered it to a 6" x 4-1/2" top-folded white card base after edging it with black ink. I cut a strip of the striped paper and attached a die-cut Tim Holtz spider with a purple eyelet through which I slipped a length of green and purple ribbon from my stash. I backed the strip with dimensional foam and glued that to the card face. The final step was to stamp, fussy cut, and adhere the chair to the strip. 


So, I'm sharing this with the group at The Paper Players:

The Paper Players: PP612 - A Color Challenge from Laurie



Added October 15, 2022:



4 comments:

  1. Awesome Halloween card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could sit among the spiders, but this is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Halloween card! Love all the elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background, that fabulous chair and the sentiment. Reminds me of Mrs Haversham, but at Halloween. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete