Saturday, October 15, 2022

THANK YOU

This morning I'm sharing a thank you card I made yesterday for friends who hosted a wonderful dinner party last Sunday evening. I'm not entering this in any challenges but wanted to share it here because I was so pleased with how it turned out.

 

This was so much fun to make and stretched me to come up with creative ways to present my ideas. It started with a piece of old Graphic 45 "Kraft Reflections Collections - Two for Tea" printed cardstock that has been languishing in my stash for years. I fussy cut the knife, fork, and spoon from the printed side and cut a rectangle from the back unprinted side,  stamped the doily (Stampin' Up "Hello, Doily") with VersaMark, and heat embossed it with white embossing powder to provide a placemat. The next step was to make a plate with a couple of different circle dies. Once I had glued these together, I dragged the outside edge of the plate through the VersaMark ink pad and dusted it with gold embossing powder to rim the plate with gold. The last step before adding a napkin was to mat the rectangle with metallic gold sheet and glue it to a top folded A6 card base, after attaching the plate and silver to the placemat.    


The folded linen napkin is my favorite part of this card. I blind-embossed a scrap of linen textured stock with an edge embossing folder, gold embossed the sentiment, and folded the napkin before attaching it to the plate. 

The card and envelope are Strathmore watercolor stock, and I lined the envelope with metallic gold vellum.   

3 comments: