Sunday, October 16, 2022

CONTINUING WITH MY HALLOWEEN CARDS...

Spoiler Alert: This is a long post!

As I shared previously, I've been really cranking on the Halloween cards to get enough made by next week. I'm running on three tracks here - one track of Edgar Allen Poe cards for my Poe relatives, one track of "creepy" cards for my snarkier friends and family who will appreciate them, and a final track of cards created specifically for challenges (to be sent to everyone else). 

I made a Poe card last week and posted it here and today I have a second one:


My real passion this Halloween season is the red-orange, black, and white printed cardstock from Park Lane "Boo". I made a bunch of envelopes from the 2-sided stock, and I've been working on coordinating cards with what's left of the 12x12 pad. This image and sentiment are from a new Clearly Whimsey Stamps set "Poe Boy" - CWSD427. I started with an A2 side-folded card base and die cut a stitched rectangle and an oval from it. The oval was backed with a coordinating paper and the sentiment was stamped in Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink. EAP was stamped in black, colored with Copic markers and die-cut with a stitched oval, and attached to the face of the card with dimensional foam.


Inside is a panel of coordinating paper, and the oval that was cut from the front panel. I colored the candle flame and raven's eye with Copic markers for a bit of accent.

____________________________________________________________________

Here's my second track - "creepy/snarky" cards - for your enjoyment. Those of you who follow me on a regular basis are already aware of my love of snarky cards, and when better to get my snark on than at Halloween?!


I have all of these mauve paper scraps in my stash from Halloweens past and decided to see what happens if I go for a purplish monotone card. I started with a black A7 size card because I have some matching black envelopes. For the primary background, using the lightest tone of mauve cardstock, I blind embossed the sky portion with a swirling snow embossing folder, glued it to the card base, and started layering on die cut stitched curves. The house and tree are die cut from printed stock (Sizzix/Tim Holtz #664194) and tucked in between layers. The sentiment (Impression Obsession - #CS1082 "Zombie Sayings") was white heat embossed, die cut, matted, and glued to the face of the card. The final step was to add two die cut zombies sludging through the snow (Whimsey Stamps "Monster Parade Die Set" #WS0488). I think this card is far too complicated to duplicate (even if I had enough mauve leftovers), so I probably won't make more of them. I'll see if I can figure out how to simplify the same idea, but this one would be appropriate for my immediate family!

I didn't create this card specifically for a challenge, but it occurred to me that this might fit in over at Happy Little Stampers October "Anything Goes with Dies" challenge.



_________________________________________________________________________________

This post is getting pretty long, but I did want to offer up my final track of cards, those created for challenges. I'm sharing this morning's creation with Make the Cards Challenge #65 - "Halloween"


Again, I'm using the papers from the Park Lane "Boo" 12x12 pad. The red-orange panel was a piece left over when I used the backside for something else. It worked best to make it into a slim-line format. I cut out the windows in the house at the bottom left so that the purple mat would show through the windows. The pair of goblins were fussy cut from a white ghost embossed cardstock from last year. I colored in their mouths and eyes with a black marker and glued them both to the face of the card. The sentiment is from Unity Stamp Company (#IB-121 "Spooky Chair") and I white heat embossed it onto a scrap of purple cardstock and die cut a label, threading black and white baker's twine through an eyelet.


The envelope is another of the coordinating papers in this collection and I made it using an older envelope template from Anna Griffin/All Night Media. I haven't participated with Make the Cards Challenge before this, but here we go:

Make the Cards Challenge #65


 

3 comments:

  1. These are great Halloween cards! I love the slimline card with the ghosts and the Poe stamp is so cool. Thanks for joining the Make the Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Halloween cards are amazing and fun! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful..
    Thank you for joining us at HLS die challenge.. take care, keep crafting..
    Swapna

    ReplyDelete