Wednesday, September 21, 2022

WHEN IT RAINS IT POES

We woke up to rain this morning - what a relief after months of drought. I came into my office, turned on my computer, and found a new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches #554 - A Sketch by Karren. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out some brand-new stamps that arrived from Clearly Whimsey Stamps last week. I had promised myself NO MORE STAMPS the rest of this year, but how could I resist "Poe Boy" - CWSD427? My maiden name was Poe, and I want to send special Halloween greetings to all of my Poe relatives!


This E.A. Poe stamp didn't come with the raven on his head - I masked off the skull and candle part of the raven stamp and then layered the Poe image over the top. After stamping in Memento "Tuxedo Black" dye ink, I die-cut the combined images with a Dare 2B Artzy stitched rectangle and colored the Raven's eye and Poe's face with some Copic markers. I punched a double rectangle opening into the left bottom corner and tied some gray and white baker's twin through the openings. I stamped a Tim Holtz cobweb on the side of a top-folded card base, white heat-embossed the sentiment onto a black rectangular scrap and glued it to the face of the card. Finally, I attached the image rectangle to the face of the card with dimensional foam and it's ready to send to one of the "Poe Boys"! I think I love this card!

BTW, I can't claim credit for the clever title for this blog entry - it's one of the sentiment lines from my new stamp set. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of these images and sentiments on my Halloween cards as the season progresses. Here's the sketch from Karren:  

Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #554 - A Sketch by Karren

 


3 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is going to get a kick out of this! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! And I love that sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete