Sunday, November 13, 2022

HEART & MIND

Whew! It's been a busy weekend for cardmaking. It was such a relief to have the elections over that I found all sorts of pent-up creative energy! This card is an attempt to combine a couple of different challenges - Color Hues #52 - Turquoise & Mustard and Time Out #226 - Words. Then as I got into it, I saw that Just Us Girls has a new challenge #658 Trend Week - "Make a Matching Envelope", which is something I often do anyway. 


I started with an old Inkadinkado butterfly, stamped with black ink onto a white stitched panel and colored with Copic Markers. I die-cut a couple of hearts from turquoise and mustard (Dijon mustard, rather than the bright yellow mustard) and layered them on the body, along with a tiny white punched heart. This then got matted with mustard. The sentiment is from an old PTI stamp set "Heart Print Sentiments". I cut through the top panel around the bottom of the left wing so that I could slip the turquoise printed tag under it over a mustard banner strip. Once this was all in place, I punched through the layers to thread some twine. The envelope features a couple of other stamps from the same Inkadinkado set - I don't think I've ever used these other stamps before this.



Color Hues: Color Hues #52- Turquoise and Mustard (colorhuesthecolorchallenge.blogspot.com) 


Added November 16, 2022:





6 comments:

  1. The beautiful details of the butterfly are matched by all the lovely details you've added to this stunning card and envelope! It's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen, I really appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  2. I love this card so much, Fran! The butterfly is gorgeous in the two colors and the envelope looks wonderful too! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and Just Us Girls! Love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love the subtle use of color on the border and that butterfly is a stunning focal point. Thanks for playing at Time Out!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butterfly is gorgeous! Love how you colored it. And the envelope just adds that extra pizzazz! Very pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete