Tuesday, November 8, 2022

THANKFUL FOR AUTUMN BLESSINGS

Even though it has been a stressful year on many levels, we still have much to be thankful for this fall season. I've been working on my Thanksgiving cards, have finalized the design, and have most of them completed. I didn't use a specific challenge for inspiration, but I did decide to work only with materials I already have on hand.


I think this CAS design is pretty much self-explanatory. I used 110 lb. white cardstock for the base as well as the front panel and image. I had some kraft papers for a mat that I edged with my PTI "Dark Chocolate" pad before attaching the stamped sentiment panel (PTI "Stylized Autumn" and "Dark Chocolate" ink). The image is from Impression Obsession "Shades of Autumn" that I colored with my Copic markers and die-cut with a small deckle-edge die. I punched a hole in the corner and threaded a single wooden bead with a piece of brown twine. The twine I had on-hand was too thick to thread through a bead, so I separated the twine and I rather like the kinky quality.


This is the interior of the card - I left it to a single layer so that it can be mailed with just first-class postage. The cost of my Halloween cards this year was definitely a budget-breaker! Again, the image is from Impression Obsession's "Shades of Autumn", colored with Copics, and the sentiment is from Colorado Craft Company's Savvy Sentiments #SS366 - "Truly Thankful", although I cut it apart and tinkered with the layout a bit, stacking and centering the words.

There are a couple of challenge blogs where this card is marginally acceptable because they suggest Thanksgiving cards.

I used orange-yellow, orange, and red-orange with green and neutral browns for this Less is More Challenge #477:


9 comments:

  1. I love this gorgeous CAS card. The fabulous layers and the little pumpkin frame is fantastic. Love the bead and the kinky thread! Great addition to complete your card. Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so effective with the small but colourful image in the centre of the card! Thanks for sharing with us at Make the Cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful CAS card, Fran! The small, framed pumpkin is a lovely focal image. The twine with the wooden bead embellishes it perfectly. I LOVE the inside. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Fran! It's wonderful to see the pretty inside and the small pumpkin on the front is so sweet. We are happy that you joined us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love everything about this sweet card! Adorable take on our theme challenge, thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful card, Fran. I love that pumpkin image and the deckled edges of the die cut. There is lots of luscious white space, and I love the Kraft panel with the dark chocolate edging. Thanks so much for playing with us at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Fran, we are trying to reach out to you but I couldn't find an email for you. Would you mind sending me your email address - you can leave it on a comment comment on my blog as all comments are moderated :-) or respond via my google email which is jaydeestamping. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete