Saturday, November 5, 2022

TREES, TREES, TREES!

That's the prompt at Christmas Kickstart Challenge #68. I set an additional challenge for myself to do a card with an all-dark background, accentuated by only textural differences.


I started this card by blind-embossing a 4-3/4" x 4-3/4" square of dark blue-green cardstock. I filled the dots in with a metallic silver pen. I matted this square to a pale aqua patterned cardstock and silvered the edge of the aqua before attaching it to a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2' top-folded iridescent white card base. The sentiment was heat-embossed with silver embossing powder onto a flat piece that I die-cut with a stitched wave from Lawn Fawn. The largest trees are cut out of various moss and aqua scraps using just the top portion of Tim Holtz dies. The 4 smaller trees are from Alexandra Renke. After gluing the trees to the embossed piece, I attached the lower panel with dimensional foam and attached the final tree.



Christmas Kickstart Challenge: Challenge #68 - Trees, Trees, Trees!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I love this, Fran. Thanks for joining the sisters and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete