Tuesday, November 1, 2022

HEY, PUMPKIN!

How in the world did we arrive at November already? This month's Halloween challenge features mostly Southwestern images. I decided to go for the top right image with the cute pumpkin pots. 




Digging through my stash, I could only come up with one stamp set that featured succulents - a Lawn Fawn summer set "Simply Celebrate Summer" that had a row of pots with succulents. I cut the individual pots from the row (a habit of mine when I want to break up a sentiment or image). The pumpkins are from a very old Halloween set. I printed them in black and colored them with Copic markers, blacked out some of their teeth, and fussy cut them. I arranged them on a die-cut oval and stamped the pots and succulents strategically and attached the pumpkins, popping up the middle one with some dimensional foam. I white heat-embossed the sentiment (Simple Stories "Boo Crew" #13820) on a black scrap and die-cut it with a small, stitched tag. I mounted a printed panel and orange mat on a black to-folded card base and attached the grunged-up oval and tag and tied a couple of lengths of black and orange twine to the tag.

Hopefully you won't be burned out from Halloween and will follow along with us as we continue our full year of Halloween cards! The Design Team is fully enjoying this - wait until you see what they've done to inspire you!

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, so cleverly creative and FUN!! I love how you came up with this card, now that is thinking outside the box, I need to follow suite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Halloween cards always require thinking a bit out of the box! Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Oh Fran, I just love these pumpkins ... made me chuckle out loud! LOL You are SO clever! Fabulous inspiration my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Darlene! I'm glad my card gave you a chuckle! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, what a fun and happy card. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete