Sunday, October 30, 2022

JOYFUL WISHES

I've been trying not to get too invested yet into Christmas cards until I get my Thanksgiving designs worked out, but I decided this morning to temporarily set aside the fall colors and images to play a bit with the current challenge at Christmas Kickstart #67 - "Poinsettias and Posies". I'm slipping this in just under the deadline!


I've had this old rubber background stamp forever without ever using it. I came across it while digging through my Christmas supplies and stamped it on a piece of ivory cardstock with PTI "Pinefeather" ink. I stamped it two more times with the same ink onto red iridescent vellum and dark green cardstock and fussy cut some leaves and poinsettia petals and layered them over the background after die-cutting it with a stitched rectangle. This was adhered to a red vellum mat and layered with dimensional foam over a green card and die-cut stitched rectangular mat. The final step was a gold heat-embossed sentiment stamped on a tag and tied with gold ribbon.




Added November 7, 2022: 



 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to jump in to those Christmas cards, Fran! I like the swirly design on the poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete