Saturday, October 29, 2022

H IS FOR HALLOWEEN - SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS

I thought I was finished with Halloween for a couple of months, but then I was asked to Guest Design for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and today's challenge is #221 - "H is for Halloween". You can see that Edna has gotten herself caught in a real bind!

I've been wanting to use a particular sentiment from Impression Obsession's #CS1082 "Zombie Sayings" but it just didn't happen, so I decided to use it for this last card. 






I started with a black side-folded A2 card base. I cut a gray cardstock rectangle and stamped the mound of grass from Whimsey Stamps #CWSD388 "Zombie Party" with Memento "Tuxedo Black" die ink and over-stamped the zombie hands emerging from underground (I have no idea who manufactured the zombee hand - it is on a random stamp sent from years gone by). I added some White Tim Holtz splatters and white heat embossed the "happy halloween" sentiment. I decided to mat this with a lightweight cardstock that's about the color of a dirty diaper! I stamped the zombie sentiment on white with PTI "Saffron Spice" to match. To add a bit of embellishment, I punched a hole in the sentiment panel and pinned a couple of lengths of crochet cotton that I had colored with the same ink and mounted this to the face of the card with some dimensional foam. I customized the envelope with a scrap of "dirty diaper" paper and added a hand and cobweb before lining it. 

This was a lot of fun. I'm hoping you'll all give this challenge a try before putting your Halloween stashes away for the fall.

SoSS #221 H is for Halloween (snarkystampers.blogspot.com)

7 comments:

  1. Sooooooooo awesome and spooky!!!
    Thanks for being our Halloween Queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Halloween card and envelope! Love the colors you used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being our Halloween Queen, Fran, your card is fabulous! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous!!!! I especially love the drippy goo at the bottom. Ha! Thanks for Queening with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to be part of your "court", Julie!

      Delete