Sunday, October 23, 2022

FUSION CHALLENGE

I hadn't really intended to play along with the Fusion Card Challenge - "Kitchen" this month, but I was going through my fall paper stash and decided to give myself a break from Halloween cards to participate. Obviously, I decided to play with the sketch and use a pumpkin and garland from the photo.

A couple of years ago I bought a large sheet of heavy paper with a deckle edge. I didn't really have a plan for it, so it's been in one of my plan file drawers since. I cut a slice of it off for an A2 card and top-folded it so the deckle edge would be along the bottom. I stamped a pumpkin from an old fall set with PTI "Ripe Olive" on a tan strip and colored it with my Copic Markers. I die-cut a stitched circle into a 2" wide strip of orange textured paper to lay over the pumpkin. I used the corner of a stitched rectangular die to make the V on the bottom edge and stamped the sentiment. The final steps were to mat the tan strip with orange paper, mount everything to the card front, cut out a colored pumpkin blossom to overlap the circle, and add a small orange gem to the center. I didn't have an envelope that matched any of the papers so custom made one with olive green cardstock and lined it with a plaid paper scrap.

 Fusion Card Challenge: FUSION - Kitchen 




1 comment: