Sunday, October 23, 2022

LOVE BIRDS

A quick post this morning in response to the challenge over at Just Us Girls Photo Week #655, hosted by Cécile. What a sweet photo!


I took a fairly literal approach on the photo but used beige-toned birds for the primary image - dies from My Favorite Things and tiny gold-embossed hearts from Hero Arts Valentine stamp set #DC175. The branches/flowers are from Alexandra Renke. I started with some ivory cardstock and printed lightweight American Crafts paper from my stash. The sentiment is from Hero Arts #CM351. 


  
I wanted to bend the wings of my birds slightly for definition but ended up creasing the paper - bummer! Next time I want to do that, I'll curve them slightly before gluing them to the birds. 



Added November 3, 2022:




3 comments:

  1. Fran... fabulous monochrome card! I, too, love those birdies! Adding the small heart was inspired. Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome take on the photo! I'm totally in love with those two cute birds. And the tiny gold hearts make a perfect addition. Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Just Us Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love your card with the sweet birds, so lovely.

    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete