Tuesday, February 14, 2023

MID-MONTH HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE

Here we are at the mid-point of our February Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge! This time around I chose to be inspired by the lower left quadrant - black/white/orange hearts and skeletons. There's so much to choose from here and there's still a couple of weeks left in the challenge.

I started my card by fussy cutting a silver foil skeleton from some of my favorite Park Lane Halloween paper. I sponged some orange ink over a Tim Holtz stencil, adding some tiny, stamped hearts and a bit more smooshing of orange on the corners. I made a stencil of a heart and sponged it is orange and red inks and overprinted part of a Halloween pattern from the back of a witch stamp in black that I've had forever and used over and over. I white and red-orange heat embossed the sentiment from a Valentine stamp set on a strip of black cardstock, glued the skeleton to the white panel (after attaching it to a black card base) and slipped the strip over and under his legs. The final step was to glue a clear heat-embossed red-orange heart to his chest with some dimensional foam and attach two googley eyes.



This has been a really fun challenge for me and now it's your turn. Get out those Valentines supplies and repurpose them as a Halloween project. Or if combining these two holidays is not your thing, just make and share a regular Halloween card - that will be one less card you'll have to make as October approaches! Our designers have several great additional inspirational cards for your consideration. 

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: February 2023 Mid Month Reminder

 



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this, what a creatively FUN idea with Mr Bo Jangles lol!! He is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The fussy cutting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete