Sunday, February 19, 2023

CAS GET WELL

I'm glad Claire's Clean-and-Simple challenge #PP628 this week for The Paper Players is "Get Well". It gives me an opportunity to have a get-well card in the drawer when needed. It seems like sympathy and get-well cards are the ones I make the least, so when I need them, they're not always available!


I knew I wanted to use this sentiment from Lawn Fawn ("Scripty Sayings") and wanted to find an image that matched the character of the script. I chose Inkadinkado #60-31604 "Funky Flowers" and stamped them on the right edge of a top-folded white card base with Memento "Bamboo Leaves" ink. I stamped the image a second time on a white panel and over-stamped the sentiment on both surfaces with Memento VersaMagic chalk ink in "Purple Hydrangea". I die-cut a deckle-edged rectangle from the second panel, colored it with Copic markers, and blended green and blue inks at the top and bottom. The final step was to attach the rectangle to the face of the card base with dimensional foam, matching up the flowers and sentiment, and added a small purple twine bow over one of the knots on the sentiment. 

Check out the beautiful cards my fellow designers have provided for your inspiration!  

The Paper Players: PP628 - A Clean-and-Simple Challenge from Claire




9 comments:

  1. Fran, I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE this card. It is so gorgeous. I love all the flowers and the funky scripty sentiment. It looks like a field of wild flowers. Is this set still available? This card will brighten someone's day! Thank you for making my challenge shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire! I do believe this set is still available. I bought it within the last 6 months.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I found it! I just love this card! CAS coming!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Fran! I love the scripted sentiment and the wildflowers. The little purple bow is the perfect embellishment. This card will surely brighten up the recipient's day. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your design and those pretty little wild flowers! Delightful card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, this is gorgeous! I love how those delicate wildflowers pop on the clean design. The envelope liner takes it over the top in the best way ever. Love it! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card, Fran! The sentiment and cute little bow are the perfect finishing touches for those whimsical flowers. Love that the colors match the envelope lining, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love all your cards, but these flowers are the cutest, especially with that scripty sentiment! Whimsical and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran, What a great card. First, I love how you continued the script across the card and incorporating the bow, Then, I noticed how you added the raised panel- love it! Suzy

    ReplyDelete