Monday, February 20, 2023

'E' IS FOR EXPLETIVE

BAH-HA-HA-HA!! The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #228 is pushing the edge with this month's challenge - and I love it! Their "E is for Expletive" post starts with this warning:

 


  
This is my response to their challenge:



I had fun with this card, enjoying the contrast of two very refined ladies in their pearls and the sentiment. I need to give credit to Unity Stamps for the sentiment from "Drink & Cuss". Unity's stamp image was too large to use on my card, so I generated the same sentiment with my computer. The background paper is a very old sheet of Graphic 45 "Kraft Reflection Collection". I die-cut a stitched rectangle from paper that was left over after I fussy cut the ladies. I wanted the lady on the right to be holding a glass of wine, so I stamped a glass from the same Unity rubber stamp set on kraft card stock with PTI "Soft Stone", fussy cut it out, and slipped it into her hand.


The final step after gluing all of this down to a black card base, matted with some coordinating papers, was to use a bit of white gel pen to bring attention to the wine glass and jewelry.

So, if anyone else needs a break from all of the hearts and flowers of February, you can join me over at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers:




Added March 7, 2023:





3 comments:

  1. Yes!!!!
    Let's!
    That sounds like a super good time :)
    Thanks for breaking out your expletives for Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you nailed the challenge, Fran! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drinking wine and talking shit happens to be a favorite pasttime of mine. How did you ever know? ROFL! Thanks so much for playing with the Sisterhood. Your vintage card is just fabulous Fran!

    ReplyDelete