Sunday, February 26, 2023

SKETCH CHALLENGE #PP629

It's Sunday morning and Jaydee's got a Sketch Challenge for us this week at The Paper Players. I've been playing around with an idea for my St. Patrick's cards this past week when the time presented itself and decided to apply Jaydee's sketch to my idea. I don't think I'll use this square card for my general mailout because of the costs of postage, but it has all of the elements I want to include - I just need to work with it a bit more and see how to convert it to a size A2 card. 



I started with a 5-1/2" square top-folded card base. The center element is a die-cut circle that I cut into the card after matting it with green plaid printed paper. Most of you will recognize the Tim Hotz "Snarky Cat" that I stamped in black ink, colored with Copic markers, and fussy cut to attach him to the face of the card. The confetti behind him is a combination of stamps and his beer mug is from a very old St. Patrick's Day stamp that I printed, colored, and fussy cut. I stamped his balloon on white stock, fussy cut it, and stamped the Go Green and colored the balloon before attaching it over the circle.


The inside is the main focus of the card, with the silly sentiment from Funny Bones by Riley & Company (#RWD-995) that I bought some months ago with the express purpose of using it on my St. Patrick's Day cards. "Don't Judge me." is from the same Tim Holtz set of Snarky Cats. 

We have lots of inspiration this time of year for cards, with the highly anticipated arrival of spring. The other ladies have come up with some great ideas for you! Come and join all of us!





 

10 comments:

  1. What a super fun card! The sentiment is so unexpected and unique and certainly brought a smile to my face! Love the snarky cat and fun design on the front of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of the cute elements you added to both the inside and the outside. That sentiment is a hoot! Fun card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! I love the cat! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Fran, this is the best St. Party's Day card I have ever seen! I love every detail. Your kitty is so ready to party! You make the best cards! Have a great week, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The image on the front of your card cracked me....but when I read the inside, I was ROFL!! SO funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the front Fran - the look on his face is priceless! The inside just cracked me up - it's brilliant!!! Happy St Party's Day for the 17th 🍺, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran, I love the outside... the cat with the go green balloon... but its the sentiment inside that cracks me up!!! Thanks for rocking my challenge this week
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, Fran! This card is adorable! This cat is a hoot, and I love how you used multiple sets to create the confetti. However, I have to admit that it is the sentiment which steals the show. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fran, That cat is the best. I like how you colored the images and brought all of the elements together, Cheers!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fran, this is absolutely the cutest card! I love that cute kitty and the sentiment inside made me laugh. You rocked this sketch!

    ReplyDelete