Sunday, March 5, 2023

HIDING THE EASTER EGGS

Our talented Joanne is head of this week's The Paper Players challenge and the theme for PP#630 is "Easter".


No Easter supplies of note, so I'm once again "winging it". I had some small scraps of printed Easter cardstock that I bought several years ago to make candy bags for my grands. It had some cute eggs on it, and I decided to hide the Easter eggs in the grass. I also have this very old rubber stamp of spring flowers/grasses and I stamped it on pale aqua paper with PTI "Pinefeather" ink. Then I fussy cut three eggs out of the printed paper, glued them to the aqua paper and stamped the stems again, "hiding" the eggs. This was all mounted to a white card base with a couple of mats and the final step was to insert a small piece of pink polka dot ribbon and a PTI "Tiny Tag". The sentiment is made from words from two different stamp sets, heat-embossed with white, and threaded through a punch in the face of the card with a small white pin that I had rescued from a clothing tag some time age. Anytime I see an interesting attachment or tag from clothing I always hoard it! I custom made an envelope with a piece of bright pink paper, using the pink side for the inside of the envelope. Unfortunately, it completely overpowered the photograph and skewed the paler tones.

The challenge designers have come up with some wonderfully inspiring cards for you! Hopefully, unlike me, you have some beautiful Easter-themed supplies to play with. Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. So very clever....your eggs definitely are "hiding" in among your pretty florals! Great way to stretch your supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Fran! I like your creative approach when you have little or none of the stamps generally used for a special challenge. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, Fran! The Easter eggs are definitely well-hidden among the flowers. I LOVE the "pops" of pink. I need to save those adorable little "tag" pins. What a sweet embellishment! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink ribbon tab and little tag pull all of the elements together perfectly! Cute card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative Fran, Nothing shouts Easter like an egg hunt. I love how you came up with this amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! I love the idea of hidden Easter eggs! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran this is the most stylish Easter egg hunt I've seen - I love it and you'd never know it was as the result of limited supplies! The pop of pink and cute sentiment tag also work a treat - I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fran, I love that you placed those fun little easter eggs among the field of wildflowers. Such a fun and whimsical touch. Love it
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete