Sunday, March 12, 2023

THE PAPER PLAYERS - COLORS

Good morning, all! As we "spring forward" this morning, The Paper Players has a color challenge for us - #PP631. The colors for the challenge were selected by our very talented LeAnne!

The Paper Players: PP631 - A Color Challenge from LeAnne


I'm not a big fan of Daylight-Saving Time - it messes too much with my natural rhythms and makes no real sense to me. Here on the west coast my blog entry needs to be set for 2:00 AM Sundays to meet the time that our new challenges go live. Does that mean that tonight I'm really supposed to set it for 1:00 AM? I think I'll set it for the usual time and just see what happens. 

That being said, here's my CAS response to the new challenge:


Rifling through my stash to come up with papers and inks for LeAnne's challenge wasn't entirely successful in that I couldn't find anything dead-on the "Tahitian Tide" color anywhere in my scraps. These challenges really point out the holes in my supplies! I settled on a piece of printed paper with the greens and bluey turquoise tones in a wash and die-cut the leaf images from PTI's "Lovely Layers" set - one of my most-used sets over the years. I also found a scrap of white cardstock that had been embossed with my Cricut Cuttlebug/Anna Griffin "Foundry" embossing folder. I die-cut it with a small deckle edge rectangular die and mounted it to a slightly larger piece of yellow cardstock. I stamped the sentiment (PTI "Doodle-Do") with their "Hawaiian Shores" ink on the face of a 3-3/4" x 5" white panel and glued the embossed image to it. After making creases in the larger leaves, gluing the two main pieces together, and adding a stamped and die-cut center, all of this was attached to the corner of the deckled rectangle. Finally, the panel was attached to a white card base with a couple of matching gems for sparkle. 


It's now your turn - have fun and check out what our wonderful designers have made of LeAnne's challenge to inspire you!  

6 comments:

  1. I think you did a fabulous job with the colors....this is truly a gorgeous card! The layout, the diecuts, the embossing...it all adds up to a spectacular card! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, I totally agree with you on daylight savings time. I've just about caught up with the change when we change it again! Your card is fabulous. I love that flower. It has so much dimension and I love it paired with the texture in the background. Love it
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fran, this is lovely! I love the little flowers and the gorgeous leaves! The embossed panel is lovely! The time change certainly is a big change for everyone. I do like more light in the evening though! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your need to dig deep for the colours this week led to the creation of a beautiful card Fran - the paper you used for your flower and leaves is beautiful and the embossed panel so elegant too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daylight Savings Time really is silly, I'm right there with you. This is such a lovely card, Fran! I love the texture from the embossing and the detail in the focal element. So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning, Fran! So much texture! The flowers and leaves are a gorgeous focal point. I LOVE the layout!

    ReplyDelete