Tuesday, March 14, 2023

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH!

The Ides of March (March 13-15), according to William Shakespeare, were a bad omen for Julius Caesar and in our culture there's an old wives' tale about black cats being a bad omen and thus connected permanently with Halloween. So, my Ides of March offering for our mid-month Two Old Bats March Anything Halloween Challenge is cats and bats. And we're continuing with the fun black and green mood board. (My only regret is that I don't have any neon green paper or ink and I've given myself some time off from purchasing new supplies.) 

This is my offering for this two-week period:


As you already know, CAS is my technique of choice and this one came together so easily that it's almost embarrassing! On a green card panel, I stamped Tim Holtz's cats with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and over-printed the sentiment from Impression Obsession "Is the Moon Out Tonight?" with VersaMark ink and embossed it with white powder. I also stamped and embossed the sentiment on black card stock and cut the black cats strip out and pasted it over the top of the sentiment. The final addition was black bats and white gel pen on the cats' irises. I edged the green panel with black ink and matted it with a second layer of green card stock and mounted all of this to a black card base.

Remember that it doesn't always have to be a card, as long as it's Halloween-themed. I hope you have as much fun with this as I have all month! 

 Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: March 2023 Mid Month Reminder


  

4 comments:

  1. Oh Fran this is such a cool card! LOVE your overall design and that white sentiment really pops! Awesome take on the mood board! You go girl ... awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card design! Great take on the mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous car you have created with those fun cats and love the way their eyes seem to glow!! I love black cats and feel sorry for the poor things that they get such a bad rap, but on the other hand they sure do make awesome Halloween cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, I love your card! Not only the stamps you used, but the whole design of it.

    ReplyDelete