Sunday, April 2, 2023

ANIMALS 2X2

Another Sunday has rolled around, and we have a new theme challenge at The Paper Players with the lovely Jaydee as our hostess - #PP634 - "The Animals Came in 2X2". 


I grabbed my old "go to" animal stamp set by Avery Elle (#ST-19-08 "Peek-a-Boo Pets") and stamped and colored the pig and sheep and their feet. I die cut a white stitched rectangle and die cut an oval opening to the side. I placed the top layer over a pale aqua top-folded card base and die cut some stitched clouds for a background (with 3 gray stamped birds) and tucked the 2 animals into the oval. After heat embossing the sentiment (Lawn Fawn "Scripty Sayings") with white embossing powder I fussy cut along the top of the sentiment and mounted it to the front of the card. It looked too bare, so I layered a stitched wavey line over the top and attached the little guys' feet to the top of the sentiment. It's really cold and rainy today and the light is poor - my pig came out much pinker than how it looks on the card, and I see that the white top panel has a slightly pick caste to it. Oh well. 



Wait until you see what the other designers have done with this theme! Please join us!

And speaking of animals: If any of you have been waiting with bated breath to find out how Tux is doing, he came back inside a couple of nights ago! I admit I tricked him by using Chloe (his mom) as bait, but he's now back with the rest of the cat-pack while doing his best to avoid contact with me. It will take a while to regain his trust.

12 comments:

  1. You come up with the cleverest cards! I love the diorama look you created here, and the layers and colors frame those two little animal friends perfectly! Glad to hear Tux is getting closer to being cuddled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you come up with the nicest comments!

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet card! Cute little critters in a beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little critters are so cute peaking out into the world. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, that background you created is fabulous. the layers of clouds are great - but the added touch of the birds in the background takes it to another level all together. Your little lamb and piglet look so cute together. Fabulous card. So glad you were able to coax Tux back into the house. He sure is a handsome kitty. Couple of suggestions for you that might help. If you haven't used the plug in Feliway, I would certainly try them. You need a couple in each room that the cats frequent, but they really do help. I use the original Feliway not the multi-cat. Also, there is a homeopathic liquid you can try. You can add it to their drinking water - Bach's Rescue Remedy. Our vet said the human version is good for the cats. Bless you for taking in the Calico and her babies.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jaydee! Thank you for your kind words! Yes, I have Feliway plugs in several places in the house, but I think I'll add a couple more.

      Delete
  5. Such a cute scene you've created on your card. The pig and sheep at darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also thank you for the nice comment on my card. - Your set to "no-reply" so I had to come here to thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card, Fran! I love how the critters are peeking through the oval, with their little hooves on the edge. The sentiment along the border is absolutely awesome! Woo hoo! I'm happy Tux is back with the cat pack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way this cute pair are peeking through the oval and resting on the edge and the way the sentiment runs along the edge is really creative. Fabulous, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this adorable scene you created! The background is amazing with the clouds and the grass is so fun! The sentiment is just perfect! Have a blessed Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete