Monday, April 17, 2023

WHAT'S UP, PUSSYCAT?

A real quick card this morning, inspired by AAA Cards Challenge #238 "Ripped/Torn Edges" and the six (did I actually say, "six"?) cats we live with. How could I pass up this challenge after spending an entire weekend trying to put a tablecloth back on the dining room table after it was repeatedly pulled off?


There's not much to tell regarding how this card was made. I die-cut a piece of light-weight white cardstock with a stitched rectangular die. After stamping the Tim Holtz "Snarky Cats" image in black and coloring his eyes, I fussy cut him and tore down the rectangle the width of his feet. The sentiment is from Hero Arts "CM351, which I white heat-embossed onto a gray printed stripe paper that I used as a mat to attach it to a black card base. I pulled back the torn panel and glued it to the face of the card and layered my naughty cat on with dimensional foam.  






7 comments:

  1. A very clever and effective design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Fran! The torn paper with the cat hanging on for dear life is such a great design element!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever Fran - this is how I imagine life in your house to be with your mischievous felines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever!! Love how you used this cat with the torn paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I love that Fran!! That's a brilliant take on our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! This made me giggle! Thanks for playing with us at AAA Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete