Sunday, May 21, 2023

PAPER PLAYERS CAS

It's Monday again and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players, and our lovely Joanne has come up with a CAS challenge PP641 - "One Image". Anyone who's been following my blog for any amount of time knows that CAS is my favorite card style!  


I broke down and actually purchased a stamp set this week - primarily to participate in a Guest Design slot over at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers next week. I won't spoil the surprise of the challenge and tell you what it is and why I needed to add to my stash, but the stencil/stamp set had a couple of great sentiments that I'll be using in the near future. I particularly like this one and chose to use it with a single image (the cumulus clouds from Hero Arts #CM357). It's really two separate clouds, but I stamped them more than once so I could layer them into a single image. 


I started with a very pale aqua card stock that I die cut into a stitched rectangle and stamped the sentiment in black, layered it with gray cardstock, and matted it with a larger white die-cut rectangle. I stamped the clouds a couple of times and fussy cut them and colored them with a gray Prisma colored pencil. After attaching the layers of front panel/sentiment to a white card base, I glued the clouds to the front with some dimensional foam - and voila!

Come along on the fun and do a CAS card for Joanne!



 

8 comments:

  1. Your card is CAS perfection! I love these great clouds and the way you popped them off the background. The sentiment is lovely and oh, so true! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CAS card, Fran! Love the soft aqua to bits and the dimension on the fun clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Fran - CAS perfection indeed! Love the subtle layered clouds and the sentiment is a perfect fit. One fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great inspirational card! Perfect for this time of year! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this! What a fabulous sentiment and those clouds are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, All the accolades have already been said. Your card is a perfect CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean and simple perfection, Fran! I absolutely LOVE this sentiment...so uplifting and inspirational! You nailed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about yr card, Fran! The clean layout, the detail on the layers and that beautiful sentiment. You really rocked the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete