Thursday, May 25, 2023

TAKE A HIKE

I'm really pleased to be guest designing at Tic Tac Toe this week! The new #210 challenge board gives you a lot to choose from - pick three and join the fun, and if you go over to the blog, you'll see what the regular design team members have come up with to inspire you.



I chose the top horizontal row - Slimline Card/Trees/Green. Probably the obvious choice for this would have been to do a Christmas card, but I'm just not up for that yet! Instead, I chose a general greeting card.




I wasn't entirely pleased with the way this card photographed. I used a pale pastel yellow-green that just doesn't show very well. The cardstock is a bit lighter-weight than I like using and the corners were a bit delicate - I should have backed it with a heavier stock to make the edges sturdier. 



Well, having said all of that, I started the card with a slimline shape and used Tim Holtz evergreen tree dies (Sizzix "Thinlits" #660978) and cut them from two different papers - a polka dot embossed card stock in a slightly darker pale green and a dark evergreen solid card stock. I cut a rectangle slightly smaller than the card in the matching stock and glued the first tree directly to it, overlapping a printed green patterned paper on which I had stamped a sentiment from Simple Stories "Simple Vintage Great Escape" #13222 with PTI "Pinefeather" ink. I also added a couple of birds from the same set with PTI "Soft Stone" and glued together a couple of layers of trees and blended a bit of green ink to the bottom tips and attached it to the face of the card with some dimensional foam. I finished with a coordinating envelope from some printed stock in my stash.

 

1 comment:

  1. Love the detail on those diecut trees Fran and such a fun sentiment too. Lovely to have you guesting with us over at TicTacToe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete