Sunday, July 16, 2023

PURRFECT HALLOWEEN

Mid July and time for our Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge mid-month reminder! I started out with good intentions to use the current July mood board for inspiration. I thought to use the lower right quadrant - black cat with red, white & blue ruff (Doesn't 'ruff' sound like a canine word?)! 

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: July 2023 Mid Month Reminder



But after over-working my idea about using the Tim Holtz Halloween cats stamp and trying to apply collars and bowties, I finally just gave up and opted for "cute".


I stamped the three cats with black ink on gray cardstock and decided to die cut them into a tag. I wanted their eyes to show up, so I hand cut the openings and backed the tag with a scrap of sparkly green paper. The green sparkle doesn't show up in my photo. I white heat embossed the sentiment over the black cats and attached the gray tag to a second tag cut from green and black cat paper. I attached them with a bright green satin ribbon and glued them to a card I had prepared with a couple of mats in black, gray, and white printed papers. 

So, that's my "Anything Halloween" card for mid-July. You still have about 2 weeks to finish up your cards and share them with us.  

And speaking of purrfect: Earlier this week I received a package of used wine barrel hoops from Etsy that I had ordered to augment my existing 3 hoops (my plan is to use all of them as steppingstones in my garden) and they arrived in a box with kraft packing paper. I decided to leave the box and packing material for the cats to play with and the first one in was this cutie, Tiger.


 

7 comments:

  1. WOW! What a cool creation ... love it!! Awesome DT inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Halloween card, Fran! That adorable kittie looks so cute in the box of packing papers and oh those blue eyes are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love their green eyes, this is fun! But I have to say, Tiger's baby blues win the prize tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your adorably cure cats with the fun green eyes, your 'real' kitty is quite cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...man... I am a SUCKER for a tabby and this one is gorgeous! Oh.. yeah.. fabulous card, too... but, to be honest, I was side-tracked by that fabulous face:-)
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, I LOVE your card. Your color combo worked great w/this cats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card and an adorable Tiger too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete