Sunday, July 16, 2023

BON APPETIT!

Anne Marie is in charge this week at The Paper Players' CAS Challenge, and she's come up with a fun theme - "Bon Appetit! - Things you can eat". As usual, I have a hole in my card supplies when it comes to food, which is strange for a foodie! I do have an old summer stamp set that features rows of pineapples, watermelons, and ice cream cones, and I started out to work with it. Then I threw out my idea and decided to make my own watermelon slices with a series of circle dies and some green and red cardstocks.


Once I started playing with the idea of a couple of slices of watermelon, my mind started wandering to the idea of picnics and bugs, and voila, this is what I came up with. I started with a die cut stitched rectangle in white cardstock that I stamped this little Katzelkraft bug onto and colored him with some Copic markers, along with a small sentiment from Hero Arts #CM351. Then I trimmed a scrap of red and white checked PTI paper and glued it over him and added the watermelon slices I had made - a bug's picnic banquet! 





I'm looking forward to seeing what all of you come up with for Anne Marie's celebration of food! But, remember to keep it CAS!

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of watermelon Fran but for your card I'll make an exception - this is fantastic! A feast for your ant for sure - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Unlike Joanne, I love watermelon, but I am glad your ant is just a stamped one! I DO NOT like them! Clever idea and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo on making your own watermelon slices, they look great! The ant on the other hand... he looks fierce! This is a fun card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, your card is fantastic. You come up with the best concepts for your cards. Watermelon-Picnic-Ants. The way you put ia all together is ferfect. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely fantastic card, Fran! What a clever way to create watermelon slices! And that ant!!! Oh my gosh...I LOVE him! He's scary-cute! A perfect card for this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran this made me giggle. An ant with attitude! Love the clever watermelon slices too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran, your card made me smile! That little ant is adorable and he looks pretty proud of his melon bounty, that's for sure. thanks for rocking my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete